safeguarding cultural heritage, social and architectural wooden houses in Cuba

Sauvegarde du Patrimoine Culturel, Social et Architectural des Maisons en Bois de Cuba

Sauvegarde du Patrimoine Culturel, Social et Architectural des Maisons en Bois de Cuba

Faire un don, soutenez camaha

Archives

AIDEZ CAMAHA

Sauvegardez le patrimoine des maisons en bois et leurs habitants

Oui, je soutiens l'association Camaha

Pour permettre aux projets en cours d'aboutir au plus vite


Je fais un don  -  J'adhère à l'association

House of the station Cristina - Story
Tuesday, 21 September 2010 10:00

CAMAHA is a french association based by Pierre Hervé on December 2nd, 2009, it has for objective to protect the heritage of wooden house in Cuba, it's taken at the moment in the elaboration of its first project. It's about constructed a completely wooden house and which consists of two levels: "house of the station Cristina", or "Ferrer N°22", it's name which it wears, it's known thanks to the direction in which it's assigned. The origin of the construction goes back up at the beginning of the XXth century and us closely linked to the development of the Compagny of the western Railroad, the main station of which was the one of Cristina. According to the estimations, the work was conceived by 1903 and lived the employee asked there to send the marching orders.

Read more...
 
House of the station Cristina - Project Print E-mail

Calle Ferrer No.22 entre Calzada de Cristina y Linea del Ferrocarril, Havana Vieja

Description

The origin of the construction dates principles of the XXth century and it's associated with the railroad development in the country, specifically to the western railroad compagny, which united the city of Havana with the Pine of Rio and which was inaugurated in 1861 having for main station that of Cristina*.

We consider that the work ended in 1903 and was a member of a repair and modernization's project of the old station of XIXth century which included the construction of the railing of the perimeter,a building intented to serve as delivery and as coal yard, as well thr localisation of the news quarries and the enlargement of rhe workshop of machines.

Read more...